Thanks so much for your interest in contributing to ohmyglad.com/blog ! We’re always on the lookout for fresh, new perspectives on our blog. This is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable experience and get your content out there!
So, What Makes the Perfect Blog Post?
We write in “listicle” format. We start with a catchy intro that grabs the attention of the reader, and each tip is separated into individual paragraphs (we try to keep our paragraphs under 4 sentences or so). We then wrap it up with a conclusion!
Typically, we look for posts between 800 and 1,000 words. However, we’re much more interested in quality content rather than reaching a word count.
The OH MY GLAD voice is fun, upbeat and positive! We like to put a fun spin on our topics and keep our posts engaging for our audience.
At the end of the day, our blog is education based. No matter what we choose to write about, we want our readers to leave knowing a new skill or new, timely information! If you’re an expert in a certain area that you think our readers would benefit from, we would love to hear about it!
What We Don’t Accept
- Posts that have already been published elsewhere.
- Posts that are unorganized or have an unclear focus.
- Topics we have already covered on the blog. Although, we’re open to putting a new spin on older topics!
The Editorial Process
- Contact us with your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and ideas!
- Submit your post following the guidelines above.
- Posts will be reviewed as they are received—it may take several days to respond to guest post submissions, so be patient!
- Make any necessary edits upon request.
- Once your post goes live, we provide you with the link. Then, share away!
Ready to Get Started?
Please email email@example.com & include your…
- Cover Letter
- Writing Samples